Clogged drains and leaky pipes are among the most common plumbing issues that may seem simple enough to repair yourself. But if done wrong, they can add to your plumbing woes and are therefore best left to professionals. At A-List Plumbing, our licensed and skilled local plumbers are always on hand for all your plumbing needs, no matter how big or small. Call us today for leaky pipes & clogged toilet repair service in Bitter Lake.
Common Causes of Pipe Damage
Let’s look at some of the reasons for leaky pipes, clogged drains, and toilets:
- Water and drain pipes naturally wear thin over time due to corrosion, which can also be caused by hard water.
- Extreme hot and cold water causes pipes to shrink and expand, leading to weak and damaged pipes.
- If clogged drains are left untreated, it can lead to mold growth and result in leaky pipes.
- High water pressure may cause a weakened pipe to burst and leak.
- Flushing foreign objects like toys, feminine hygiene products, tissues, hair, paper, etc., can cause toilets to clog.
- Hard water build-up can leave deposits in the pipes that calcify over time, leading to clogs.
- A clogged S-trap (the S-shaped pipe behind your toilet) can also result in a clogged toilet.
- An aging drain line may also face frequent clogging issues.
- While low-flow toilets may keep water bills and usage down, they also generate low pressure that may not effectively push waste down the drain, thus resulting in clogs.
If you are looking for leaky pipes and clogged toilet repair services in Bitter Lake, reach out to us right away on (206) 202-8290. Not only will a trained technician from A-List Plumbing fix your issue, but they will also investigate the underlying reasons and give you suggestions on how you can prevent a leaky pipe or a clogged toilet in the future.